jaboka



If you follow my other blog you know that I am in Croatia visiting a friend's family.  I've been doing what I like to call "free painting" kind of the same idea as "free writing" where you sort of just start writing an just write whatever comes to mind for certain periods of time.  We used to have to do it in English classes in high school.  Free painting is pretty much the same concept.  Just painting to paint, feel the brush or pencil in your hand and go with it, not really concerned so much with the end result, just the freedom of the process.  My colored pencil and Foundation II professor, Sheri Doty, always called it "no risk painting."  It can be very liberating.  I've been finding myself with random amounts of free time while waiting for my friend to put her daughters down for nap, etc.  I found that this was an excellent use for this time.  I just kept working on the same piece of paper, from a photo; just relaxing and free painting.  Thought you might like to see what I ended up with.
(Again sorry for the photo quality).

Watercolor pencil in sketchbook

Comments

Popular Posts